Backup Notes template for date

Gavcol

Feb 12, 2022
Hi,

Is there a backup notes template for date ?
I want to use date|vmid
I couldn't find much info other than the standard 4 examples of guestname, vmid, node & cluster so I tried {{date}} or {{yyyy-mm-dd}} but no joy

Thanks
Gav

Last edited:
AFAIK, the only labels available are the ones shown in the "add note" dialog. The date is already encoded in the file name or backup name (if using PBS). I'm curious about which is your use case for adding it to the notes too?

AFAIK, the only labels available are the ones shown in the "add note" dialog. The date is already encoded in the file name or backup name (if using PBS). I'm curious about which is your use case for adding it to the notes too?
No probs. Thanks for the response.
I have many VMs and take regular backups of each of them.
I know I can go into each vm's backup section but in my setup I prefer looking at all the backups in the the node's main storage area but the default filename is not really conducive to quick identification between the vm environments so I rely on the notes (vmid-envname-yyymmdd-env version) and sort by that column. I'd rather not have to manually update the date every time.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!