backup license &

benoitc

Dec 21, 2019
I would like to be able to backup all nodes and restore a backup without having to re-register them to the license server. What should I ensure to backup for it then ? Where are the files located for it and what I have to pay attention when I recreate the node?

I do not understand your question. Our software is licensed under AGPLv3, so there is no need to register at a "license server".

I do not understand your question. Our software is licensed under AGPLv3, so there is no need to register at a "license server".
i am using the community « license ». if i reinstall the whole thing I will need to re-register the license whih goes to the license server. And imply to reset ig on your webdite also.

i am using the community « license ». if i reinstall the whole thing I will need to re-register the license whih goes to the license server. And imply to reset ig on your webdite also.
You are talking about the "subscription" (not license). The subscription is only required for support and updates. But yes, if you restore the server and want to apply the subscription key, you need to re-register the server. As alternative, you need to backup and restore the ssh keys in /etc/ssh/.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!