[SOLVED] Backup from VE 1.8 can't be seen for restore in 2.1

loucypher

Jun 11, 2012
I made a backup of two OVZ from PVE 1.8 on an NFS share, and all went fine: after the backup they were listed correctly from the web console, and on the destination machine.

Now, I reinstalled from scratch PVE 2.1 on that same original server, but when I attach the remote NFS storage, I can't see the .tgz at all -- from the web console it appear to be so, but if log into the shell, and list the directory (e.g. with "ls /mnt/pve/backup") the vzdump-openvz-*.tgz files are there.
So, what can be missing here?

Lou

Last edited:
So, what can be missing here?

hi, i had this disappointment before.

from ssh, look under the pve storage specified for backups for a "dump" folder. you should copy/move your backups there. it is a new convention ov the 2.x series, which i think it's not exactly clear...
any "destination" chosen from the gui for a storage "implies" a subfolder in hhwich pve 2.x searches:
for backups, its' "<storage path>/dump"
for iso(s) is "<storage path>/template/iso"
for containers is "<storage path>/private"
for templates should be "<storage path>/template" i guess
for images should be "<storage path>/images" i guess

Oh thanks, I saw the directories, but at first I thought they were for other internal data: as I moved my backups in there, it all worked.
Maybe that info should be included in the upgrade wiki?

Lou

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!