backup disk stays only at 83GB

Marcos Vinicius

Aug 4, 2023
Hello friends, when I create a backup disk it is only 83GB, the volume has 600GB and I wanted to use it completely.

This disk is in raid 0 , with DELL controller perc_H710 , this controller does not support non-raid.

Can someone help me ?

1691593398208.png
1691593473376.png
1691593530656.png

1691593349582.png

Seems like this is a different disk? Can you post your storage configuration (please wrap in CODE-Tags)?

Code:
cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg

Reactions: Marcos Vinicius
Yes I can, follow:

Bash:
root@vmgpon:~# cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
dir: local
        path /var/lib/vz
        content backup,iso,vztmpl

lvmthin: local-lvm
        thinpool data
        vgname pve
        content rootdir,images

lvm: unm2000-raid1-slot2e3
        vgname unm2000-raid1-slot2e3
        content rootdir,images
        nodes vmgpon
        shared 0

lvm: vms-testes-raid1
        vgname vms-testes-raid1
        content rootdir,images
        nodes vmgpon
        shared 0

dir: backup
        path /backup/sdc/
        content backup
        nodes vmgpon
        prune-backups keep-all=1
        shared 0

root@vmgpon:~#

Bash:
root@vmgpon:/backup/sdc/dump# lsblk
NAME                                       MAJ:MIN RM   SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINTS
sda                                          8:0    0 278.9G  0 disk
├─sda1                                       8:1    0  1007K  0 part
├─sda2                                       8:2    0     1G  0 part
└─sda3                                       8:3    0 277.9G  0 part
  ├─pve-swap                               253:0    0     8G  0 lvm  [SWAP]
  ├─pve-root                               253:1    0  79.5G  0 lvm  /
  ├─pve-data_tmeta                         253:2    0   1.7G  0 lvm 
  │ └─pve-data                             253:4    0 170.9G  0 lvm 
  └─pve-data_tdata                         253:3    0 170.9G  0 lvm 
    └─pve-data                             253:4    0 170.9G  0 lvm 
sdb                                          8:16   0 465.3G  0 disk
└─unm2000--raid1--slot2e3-vm--100--disk--0 253:5    0   450G  0 lvm 
sdc                                          8:32   0 558.4G  0 disk
sdd                                          8:48   0   931G  0 disk
└─vms--testes--raid1-vm--102--disk--0      253:6    0    50G  0 lvm 
sr0                                         11:0    1  1024M  0 rom

Bash:
root@vmgpon:/backup/sdc/dump# findmnt
TARGET                                                  SOURCE       FSTYPE      OPTIONS
/                                                       /dev/mapper/pve-root
                                                                     ext4        rw,relatime,errors=remount-ro
├─/sys                                                  sysfs        sysfs       rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
│ ├─/sys/kernel/security                                securityfs   securityfs  rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
│ ├─/sys/fs/cgroup                                      cgroup2      cgroup2     rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
│ ├─/sys/fs/pstore                                      pstore       pstore      rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
│ ├─/sys/fs/bpf                                         bpf          bpf         rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=700
│ ├─/sys/kernel/debug                                   debugfs      debugfs     rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
│ │ └─/sys/kernel/debug/tracing                         tracefs      tracefs     rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
│ ├─/sys/kernel/tracing                                 tracefs      tracefs     rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
│ ├─/sys/fs/fuse/connections                            fusectl      fusectl     rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
│ └─/sys/kernel/config                                  configfs     configfs    rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
├─/proc                                                 proc         proc        rw,relatime
│ └─/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc                            systemd-1    autofs      rw,relatime,fd=30,pgrp=1,timeout=0,minproto=5,maxproto=5,direct,pipe_ino=28763
│   └─/proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc                          binfmt_misc  binfmt_misc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
├─/dev                                                  udev         devtmpfs    rw,nosuid,relatime,size=12236640k,nr_inodes=3059160,mode=755,inode64
│ ├─/dev/pts                                            devpts       devpts      rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000
│ ├─/dev/shm                                            tmpfs        tmpfs       rw,nosuid,nodev,inode64
│ ├─/dev/mqueue                                         mqueue       mqueue      rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime
│ └─/dev/hugepages                                      hugetlbfs    hugetlbfs   rw,relatime,pagesize=2M
├─/run                                                  tmpfs        tmpfs       rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=2454232k,mode=755,inode64
│ ├─/run/lock                                           tmpfs        tmpfs       rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,size=5120k,inode64
│ ├─/run/credentials/systemd-sysusers.service           ramfs        ramfs       ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=700
│ ├─/run/credentials/systemd-tmpfiles-setup-dev.service ramfs        ramfs       ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=700
│ ├─/run/rpc_pipefs                                     sunrpc       rpc_pipefs  rw,relatime
│ ├─/run/credentials/systemd-sysctl.service             ramfs        ramfs       ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=700
│ ├─/run/credentials/systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service     ramfs        ramfs       ro,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,mode=700
│ └─/run/user/0                                         tmpfs        tmpfs       rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,size=2454228k,nr_inodes=613557,mode=700,inode64
├─/var/lib/lxcfs                                        lxcfs        fuse.lxcfs  rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other
└─/etc/pve                                              /dev/fuse    fuse        rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other

Seems like you do not have the /dev/sdc mounted anywhere, so the directory storage is actually on your root disk. You need to format the disk and then create a filesystem on it. Then you can mount it where you want.

Select 'vmgpon' > 'Disks' > select /dev/sdc > 'Initialize Disk with GPT'
Then select 'Directory' submenu and create a filesystem of your choice on it via 'Create: Directory'
If you select 'Add storage', then the disk will be automatically added as storage

Very weird, did you use this disk otherwise before? If you are really sure that there is nothing left on the disk, and it is not otherwise used by your RAID controller you could try running the below command (which will destroy everything on the disk, so make sure to double-check)

Code:
sgdisk --zap-all /dev/sdc

Afterwards you can try again

Hi shanreich, I managed to solve the problem, thanks for the support.
As I sent in the print there was no partition created. I created a partition with 'fdisk' for test type 'extend' and then I deleted it, after that 3 hidden partitions appeared, I deleted the 3 , then I rebooted the server. All ok now.

Reactions: shanreich

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!