Backup Directory / Datastore from PVE

j.io

Mar 16, 2021
Hi all,

I created a Directory that I use as a SMB share via a LXC container. Now I want to backup all the files in this Directory to PBS at a remote location.

Is that possible?

Or, with PBS, could I even backup an entire ZFS Dataset or zpool content? That would be awesome, something like „no matter what‘s on that zpool / ZFS Dataset, I‘ll just backup incrementally as long as there is enough space in the storage within the PBS“.

Great. Don't forget to do a restore tests and make sure that all the data is there as expected :)

Great. Don't forget to do a restore tests and make sure that all the data is there as expected :)
Yes, that's also working. Great piece of software. Thanks for providing that for free to us interested home users. :):):):):)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!