Backing up Proxmox/CEPH node configuration

Mike.S

Dec 24, 2018
My OS resides on a raid 1. One of the drives has failed. I was thinking that it might not be a bad idea to backup the entire node config just incase I lose the other drive while replacing the failed one. In which case I would need to do a fresh install and "restore" the backed up config.

I'm looking for advice on how this would be accomplished. I'm thinking that I could copy /etc to a usb stick. I don't think I would want to "restore" /etc/pve

I'm looking for advice on how this would be accomplished. I'm thinking that I could copy /etc to a usb stick. I don't think I would want to "restore" /etc/pve
In a cluster the config lives on the other nodes as well. On a total failure of the node, the configs will be re-synced. Besides the configs outside /etc/pve.

To backup, just copy the whole /etc, whichever tool you use, it needs to work across fileystems (eg. /etc/pve).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!