Avoiding that misspelled domains messages does stay hold in queue

Danúbio Marinho

Nov 20, 2018
Hello,

Can i to use the postfix transport_maps file to avoid that misspelled domains messages does stay hold in queue?

Configuration example:

gmail.com.br error:incorrectly written domain, gmail.com.br nonexistent domain, please use gmail.com
hotamil.com error:incorrectly written domain, hotamil.com nonexistent domain, please use hotmail.com
gmial.com error:incorrectly written domain, gmial.com nonexistent domain, please use gmail.com
hotmal.com error:incorrectly written domain, hotmal.com nonexistent domain, please use hotmail.com
otlook.com error:incorrectly written domain, otlook.com nonexistent domain, please use outlook.com

If a message sent to hotamil.com (misspelled domain), for example, the message with misspelled error is returned immediately to user with a explanatory message. The correct domain is hotmail.com.

The mail queue would be cleaner!

This is possible?

Last edited:
Where do you get these messages?

Not sure I understand the question - simply don't add misspelled domains to your Relay Domains or Transports in the GUI?

Where do you get these messages?

Not sure I understand the question - simply don't add misspelled domains to your Relay Domains or Transports in the GUI?

Hi Stoiko,

Thanks for your reply.

I thought to put these messages into postfix transport_maps file to avoiding that stay hold in queue, if possible of course.

In the postfix manual there is an example of configuration for bounce mail.

http://www.postfix.org/transport.5.html

There is a lot of misspell possibilities/combination for your request.
Maybe just send NDR (Non-delivery report) to sender instead?

Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov
Thanks hata_ph for your return.

Yes, many possibilities really.

Do i need to do some additional configuration on pmg to use NDR?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!