Avast + ClamAV

Frank666

Jan 23, 2018
How is the experience using Avast?
Is it better then ClamAV?
If i activate both Virusengines, does it scan with both or does PMG just just Avast if activated?

If i activate both Virusengines, does it scan with both or does PMG just just Avast if activated?
If you install and enable avast - the mails are first scanned by avast (if a virus is found the analysis stops there) - and then by clamav

you can manually disable clamav (by editing /etc/pmg/pmg.conf manually) - see section 4.5.2 - https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#pmgconfig_systemconfig

Regarding if it's better than ClamAV - We tried it here - and it did detect a few viruses more - but we do not get many mails with viruses in general - so YMMV

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Frank666

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!