Autostart script after backup

tsaenger

Renowned Member
Mar 10, 2010
Hello,

is it possible to start a script within a kvm-guest after the proxmox-backup was successfully?

Thanks for help

tobias

Hello Dietmar,

thanks for your answer, is it possible to include this into the webgui-backup-interface, or do i have to use a cron-job?
When i have to use the cron-job, does the script also take care of the maximal number of backup-files?

Thanks

Tobias

EDIT: Does the hook-script can be execute on the Guest-VM or only on the host-System?

Last edited:
thanks for your answer, is it possible to include this into the webgui-backup-interface, or do i have to use a cron-job?

You can configure that in /etc/vzdump.conf

EDIT: Does the hook-script can be execute on the Guest-VM or only on the host-System?

host only

Hello,

Tnaks for your answer.
But i Need to restart a Service in my Guest-System after backup with Proxmox.
The Problem is, that after Backup my USB-Device wont work until i restart 1 Service.
How can i realize this? Do you have an idea?

Thanks

Tobias

Have a look at the options to execute a command on the guest from the host - AFAIR, that can work using containers.

Hello Dietmar,
i don't know why it wont work. I figured out that i have to initalize my USB-Modem after the Backup. (http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/14388-Proxmox-ve-2-3-amp-Backup-amp-usb-director).
At the moment i think about restarting usb-modem from Host-System with ssh.
But using the hook-script the script will be executed before the backup is finished. I need to start a script after the Backup is finished.
Do you have an idea how to do?

Thanks a lot

Tobias

Hi,
i am using snapshot-Mode.

@Marco: i now that it is an dirt Workaround, but i do not have an other option at the Moment.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!