Automation Using Proxmox

bit2gb

Jul 20, 2016
Hi Guys,
I have a question and in the next lines i present my flow and i want to suggest me some solution for do that using proxmox. (If proxmox have libvirt i can use Automation Orchestration by HP but proxmox dosen'thave..)
My Flow:

I have a win template
Deploy a new vm
Download from ftp some installers
Run a silent install/silent upgrade (old verssion allready exist on win template)
Finish install and send a email or somthing :)

Thanks,
Alin.

I have a win template
Deploy a new vm

This part is easy, just do:

Code:
qm clone template-id new-id

Run a silent install/silent upgrade (old verssion allready exist on win template)

Although not quite sure about the exact steps to do these, it might be possible if you install qemu-guest-agent on Windows. See: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Qemu-guest-agent

I would include it on the template itself to make it automatic for all new VMs. You can then run commands with the guest agent on the VM.

Hi Guys,
I have a question and in the next lines i present my flow and i want to suggest me some solution for do that using proxmox. (If proxmox have libvirt i can use Automation Orchestration by HP but proxmox dosen'thave..)
My Flow:

I have a win template
Deploy a new vm

Thanks,
Alin.

You can accomplish this with powershell. Either use your own orchestration with a post install hook or build it into your windows installation process:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi.../desktop/add-a-custom-script-to-windows-setup

save your template before the last boot and your script will run on deployment.

I think after i create i can use Operation Orchestration by hp but i have a question, how i can get statistics related with Ram and storage into a cluster?
Because i want to create automaticaly vms on that node who have more resources, exist some command like this?
Thanks

Hi All,

thanks, for al info.

and one more question, i search but i dont found it, if i have qemu agent installed, exist some api who can help me to get the vm ip even if it's on remote node from same cluster?

Thanks

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!