Automatic service update with e-mail alert

Pakino

Feb 21, 2024
HI guys,
I recently started managing a proxmox aserver for my company with enterprise subscriptions. I have updating SYSTEM to version 8 and I would like to create an automatic mechanism that warns me of the availability of available updates to perform. Is there an ad-hoc configuration?

Hello @Pakino yes this can be done by configuring notifications via datacenter -> notifications.
I would recommend configuring a smpt-server with authentication and ssl. You can configure the system to send mails on apt update "updates" available.

I have mail setup and do receive (gmail) notification from backups, but none from updates.

I'm guessing that since I have:
Code:
root@MINS-PRXMX:/# pvesh get /cluster/options
┌──────────────┬──────────┐
│ key          │ value    │
╞══════════════╪══════════╡
│ allowed-tags │ []       │
├──────────────┼──────────┤
│ description  │          │
│ keyboard     │ en-us    │
│ mac_prefix   │ BC:24:11 │
└──────────────┴──────────┘

I need this?
Code:
pvesh set /cluster/options --notify package-updates=always

My /etc/pve/datacenter.cfg only shows the following:
Code:
root@MINS-PRXMX:/# cat /etc/pve/datacenter.cfg
keyboard: en-us

Last edited:
io have sigle node, i havent cluster. Can you give me script full to activate notification by e-mail?I have Gmail thanks guys

Last edited:
io have sigle node, i havent cluster. Can you give me script full to activate notification by e-mail?I have Gmail thanks guys
As I pointed above, I believe this is the code:
Code:
pvesh set /cluster/options --notify package-updates=always
Its good for cluster or single-node.
I haven't used it myself.
I'm assuming you're receiving normal gmail notifications on backups.

Reactions: jsterr

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!