Auto Load Wildcard Certificate

1liminal1

Aug 5, 2022
Hey guys,

Just installed ProxMox and want to set up my cert. I have lets encrypt set up elsewhere to produce wirldcare certs.

Is there a way like with IIS and WCS that you can get proxmox to load up a cert from a folder or certificate store?

1. Once your two SSL files are ready, move them to the override locations in /etc/pve/nodes/<node>. Ensure that you’re using the correct SSL files and nodes.
    cp fullchain.pem /etc/pve/nodes/<node>/pveproxy-ssl.pem
    cp private-key.pem /etc/pve/nodes/<node>/pveproxy-ssl.key
  2. Next, restart the web interface using the systemctl restart pveproxy command.
  3. The system log should inform you about the usage of the alternative SSL certificate (“Using ‘/etc/pve/local/pveproxy-ssl.pem’ as certificate for the web interface.”):

So far Ive found this, if I just put the pem and key file into this folder and restart the web UI it will load the cert?
Or is there an easier way?

The above worked great :)

Is there a within proxmox to set the web UI to restart every X days or does it require a cron job?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!