Authentication with certificate on port 587?

Pierluigi Rondoni

May 28, 2019
Hello guys,
I'm currently testing proxmox and I need a clarification.
Can you configure it to support TLS authentication on port 587 with a self signed certificate?

Thanks

Can you configure it to support TLS authentication on port 587 with a self signed certificate?

In theory you can configure this (TLS-support is available via the GUI, enabling the MSA port 587 would need to be done via changing the configuration template for /etc/postfix/master.cf - see https://pmg.proxmox.com/pmg-docs/pmg-admin-guide.html#_service_configuration_templates - enabling authentication would need to be done by enabling a suiting service with a fitting backend).

However PMG is used as a transparent mailproxy - and usually you would use your downstream server (where the users have their actual mailboxes) to do the authentication and then relay the mail to PMG.

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!