Augmenter la taille du disque sur un hyperviseur Proxmox

dickus

Jul 20, 2023
Bonjour à Tous.
J'ai un hyperviseur sous Proxmox (6.1-5) mis en service depuis un certain temps avec plusieurs VM installées.
Je souhaite augmenter la taille de disque de l'hyperviseur, par défaut je suis à environ 93Go et je veux passer à 2 fois plus.
Existe t'il une méthode sans avoir à réinstaller mon hyperviseur ?

Merci pour votre aide.

Is your Proxmox installed on a physical hard drive? Is there additional space on the hard drive available?

Also it depends what you mean with "extend". If you just want more storage you can pass through to your VMs, you could just put in a 2nd and tell proxmox to use it.

Lastly if you really want to extend a partition to a 2nd disk its also possible though not recommended.

Mon Proxmox est installé sur un machine physique.
J'ai encore de l'espace sur mes disques physiques (85% libre). Je veux augmenter l'espace de l'hyperviseur qui est occupé à 90% en ce moment.

Please write in English in this forum.

Google translated:

"My Proxmox is installed on a physical machine.
I still have space on my physical disks (85% free). I want to increase the hypervisor space which is 90% occupied right now."

please post the output of lsblk so we can see your exact setup

so
to resize "pve-root" having all available free memory you can use
Code:
lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/mapper/pve-root

to add 1GB to "pve-root"
Code:
lvextend -L +1G /dev/mapper/pve-root

Last edited:
Thank you Mr PHILIPP HUFNAGL.
I followed your instructions when running the command lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/mapper/pve-root
lsblk
shows my space increased from 96G to 112G
But df -h shows me 96G.

Thanks again.
My problem is solved.
Here are the commands that solved my problem
* lvextend -l +100%FREE /dev/mapper/pve-root
* resize2fs /dev/mapper/pve-root

Reactions: douglasslepin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!