Attachment Quarantine and no Delivery to User

AndyX90

May 10, 2019
Hi,
i have a question regarding the attachment quarantine function.
I want to move the whole mail to the attachment quarantine (if any) and it should not be delivered to the users mailbox. Only if an admin releases it.
If I understand correctly the default behavior is that the attachments get removed and the cleaned mail gets delivered to the users mailbox.
Is this somehow possible?

Thanks.

Not directly - what would be your use-case?

You can probably achieve this in the following way:
* create a rule which does not remove the attachments, but puts the mail simply in Quarantine - however then the users can release it themselves (by clicking on the link in their quarantine reports) - if you disable quarantine reports (and LDAP auth for the quarantine) they cannot access the mail - only the admin can )
* alternatively - create a rule where you BCC the mail to the admin, and then block it - that way the admin has the mail in their inbox (and releasing it translates to forwarding)

I hope this helps!

Thank You very much for your answer, but the solution with bcc to admin unfortunately is no option for me.
I need to have at least 2 different quarantine behaviors.
1. Spamquarantine - With reports enabled and users to be able to release mails on their own
2. Attachmentquarantine / Virusquarantine - No reports, no mails to users, controlled by admin
Is it possible to create a rule like your 2nd case (move to attachment quarantine and then block)?

Thank You

2. Attachmentquarantine / Virusquarantine - No reports, no mails to users, controlled by admin
Is it possible to create a rule like your 2nd case (move to attachment quarantine and then block)?
yes (sorry did not think of that initially):
* add 2 Actions to the rule: Attachment-Quarantine and Block

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!