attaching NFS / DFS shares in proxmox

imam toufique

Aug 8, 2017
Hi there,
I am a total newbie in the proxmox world, ;-) , so if this is a duplicate/repeat question, please forgive me.

My question is: I would like to attach my existing NFS / DFS disks to proxmox to create VM's / CT's or to do HA stuff. Is there a guide for that? I noticed that HA setup would need some kind of shared file system, but I could not find anything in admin guide on how to attach an existing NFS mount to proxmox.

Also, where are the local VM images stored in proxmox? During my test installation, it looks like it created a local-lvm disk , but I could not find the VM images that I have created in the GUI. in the GUI there is a "Disks" section , but it does not seem to allow adding a new disk (local or networked, like NFS) anywhere.

Please advise.

thanks

Hi there,
I am a total newbie in the proxmox world, ;-) , so if this is a duplicate/repeat question, please forgive me.

My question is: I would like to attach my existing NFS / DFS disks to proxmox to create VM's / CT's or to do HA stuff. Is there a guide for that? I noticed that HA setup would need some kind of shared file system, but I could not find anything in admin guide on how to attach an existing NFS mount to proxmox.

Also, where are the local VM images stored in proxmox? During my test installation, it looks like it created a local-lvm disk , but I could not find the VM images that I have created in the GUI. in the GUI there is a "Disks" section , but it does not seem to allow adding a new disk (local or networked, like NFS) anywhere.

Please advise.

thanks

WEB-GUI -> Datacenter -> Storage -> Add -> NFS (for NFS storage).
Use DFS as a shared storage for VMs in HA context...
May be... if you manual mount DFS as a directory on each node as samba storage,
add this directory in WEB-GUI (like NFS-storge but as Directory) and check on Shared option... In this I'm not sure...
Local VM-images in /var/lib/vz/images on the corresponding node.
Disks section in WEB-GUI - existing disks on curent node. For information and
their GPT-formatting only. Not for disks and storages adding.

Best regards,
Gosha

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!