Assign vLan Tag to SR-IOV VF

jwsl224

Apr 6, 2024
ok, i have jumped through the hoops to enable SR-IOV on our proxmox host, and have the resulting list of virtual functions listed when i do a ```lspci```. the issue i have now is, how does one assign a vLan tag to said virtual functions so that the vm is sitting on the proper network? i can't seem to find anybody on the whole internet who's done this.

for the non-SR-IOV VM's it's easy, cause the linux bridge they're connected to is vLan aware. but how do i do that when using SR-IOV? cause our proxmox host is connected to a trunk port, as is very common. the official proxmox SR-IOV guide doesn't seem to take it as far as vLan tagging, one of the most common features of networking.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!