assign isolated private network to each customer

ethaniel86

Oct 6, 2015
Hi,

We use Hostbill to auto provision Proxmox customer VM. In our use case we wish to assign a range of isolated internal/private network to each customer either by default or manually from client area.

Is this possible?

Hi,

I only guess that you want that for each customer VM to have one interface for Internet acces, and a second interface for private lan. And you want that lan from customer X to be isolated from any other customer.
If this is the case you need to have 2 different bridges (for Internet and for private lan). In proxmox you can put for any virtual interface a check for vlan id and then on your customer switch you need to create the same vlan id . So pmx it will make from this bridge a vlan access port.

... but using vlans is a nightmare (at least for me) and it is very easy to make big mistakes. So in my opinion, it is more easy to use in a such setup a pppoe server, and use pppoe for each private client lan. Also for vlan you need vlan capable switch, but not for pppoe.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!