ASROCK J3455-ITX on Proxmox. Is it stable ?

koval

Dec 19, 2017
I've found a few topics where authors complain about issues with IOMMU groups, problems with passing PCI-e, and general system instabilities.
I want to install Proxmox on that motherboard and use it as a primary Mikrotik router with a few small virtual machines.

I would appreciate it if someone shared their experience with this motherboard.

I cannot speak for the J3455-ITX, but I can for the same generation J4205-ITX. It works like a charm (yet without any PCIe passthrough stuff) for many years and only uses 9-11 W with two enterprise SSDs. I use it with a Pico ATX power supply and 16 GB-RAM.

There were problems in the past discussed in a few topics here, but that was all solved years ago.

Reactions: koval
Asrock J3710-ITX here uses 18-25W with two enterprise SSD, PicoPSU and 16GB RAM. Runs fine so far (didn't tested PCI passthrough yet) but the CPU performance is bottlenecking here, running 6 Linux/OPNsense VMs and 3 LXCs.

Last edited:
Reactions: koval

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!