Asking Proxmox VE Capabilities

AlphaOmega

Sep 2, 2020
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to visit this thread.

Currently, my office is considering Proxmox VE as a virtualization solution, and we are very interested in the solutions offered. However, there are a few detailed aspects that concern us.

1. Its ability to add CPU, memory, NIC, disk, etc., while the host instance is running. When performing these actions, will the changes take effect without needing to reset/reboot the host instance?

2. Is it compatible and able to integrate with Morpheus?

3. Are there any limitations in integrating with network devices and configurations, especially for CISCO LACP configuration, and CISCO SAN Switch Devices?

4. Does it have the capability to run OCT (Splunk, Datadog, etc.) and TCP Platform (AWS, Azure, GCP, Huawei Cloud, etc.)?

5. Are there any limitations for GPU, especially virtual GPU? If there are detailed documents about GPU usage on Proxmox VE, please let me know.

6. Regarding support, is it available 24/7 regardless of region or time zone? If available, what license is appropriate for such a service?

Thank you

Last edited:
Its ability to add CPU, memory, NIC, disk, etc., while the host instance is running. When performing these actions, will the changes take effect without needing to reset/reboot the host instance?
Please refer to the manual of your virtual guest in order to answer this. Adding hardware is simple, if the guest can handle if and how well is a totally different matter. The default hotplug capabiliies are these unless you change them:

1721909899055.png

Are there any limitations in integrating with network devices and configurations, especially for CISCO LACP configuration, and CISCO SAN Switch Devices?
You may need to check with Cisco, yet I did not encounter any problems with LACP, even MLAG and any fiberhannel system I worked with.

Are there any limitations for GPU, especially virtual GPU? If there are detailed documents about GPU usage on Proxmox VE, please let me know.
Nvdia works, so please see the manual for the integration from Nvidia about their vgpu setup and their licensing requirements.

Reactions: AlphaOmega
Please refer to the manual of your virtual guest in order to answer this. Adding hardware is simple, if the guest can handle if and how well is a totally different matter. The default hotplug capabiliies are these unless you change them:

View attachment 71837

You may need to check with Cisco, yet I did not encounter any problems with LACP, even MLAG and any fiberhannel system I worked with.

Nvdia works, so please see the manual for the integration from Nvidia about their vgpu setup and their licensing requirements.

Thank you for taking the time to discuss.

Do you have experience using Proxmox VE with Morpheus integration and its capabilities for running OCT, such as Splunk, Datadog, etc, as well as ETC platforms like AWS, Azure, GCP, etc?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!