[SOLVED] Arch OS, physical machine, Anyone backed them up successfully?

300cpilot

Mar 24, 2019
Until this morning I had not had a need to do this, but now we do. Looks simple for Debian versions, I did not find anything when searching for Arch.

Also would like to know how it handles multiple partitions and drives.

Thank you,

Thank you Chris! I appreciate the help.

I was able to get it to backup to the backup server, but while testing a restore, I am unable to even list the snapshots.
Test box output. I have tried the full fqdn and different users, as well as including the port.
Idea's anyone?

[User1@Arch-test ~]$ proxmox-backup-client snapshot list --repository 'root@10.90.1.84:Store1'
Error: parameter verification failed - 'repository': value does not match the regex pattern
Usage: proxmox-backup-client snapshot list [<group>] [OPTIONS]
<group> <string>
Backup group.

Optional parameters:

--ns <string>
Namespace.

--output-format text|json|json-pretty
Output format.

--repository <string>
Repository URL.

Thank you Chris! I appreciate the help.

I was able to get it to backup to the backup server, but while testing a restore, I am unable to even list the snapshots.
Test box output. I have tried the full fqdn and different users, as well as including the port.
Idea's anyone?

[User1@Arch-test ~]$ proxmox-backup-client snapshot list --repository 'root@10.90.1.84:Store1'
Error: parameter verification failed - 'repository': value does not match the regex pattern
Usage: proxmox-backup-client snapshot list [<group>] [OPTIONS]
<group> <string>
Backup group.

Optional parameters:

--ns <string>
Namespace.

--output-format text|json|json-pretty
Output format.

--repository <string>
Repository URL.
Seems like you are missing the realm for the user (I suppose you try to use the pam realm), the repository url should therefore look like e.g root@pam@10.90.1.84:Store1. Depending on the user/token, you might have to adapt this according to the formats as shown in https://pbs.proxmox.com/docs/backup-client.html#backup-repository-locations

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!