apt autoremove wanting to delete sudo

El Granjero

Apr 15, 2024
After pulling the latest package changes from the debian main contrib and pve-no-subscription repositories, apt autoremove wants to delete sudo.

I can't imagine this being expected behaviour, though i might be wrong.

What's causing sudo being in the autoremove list?

After pulling the latest package changes from the debian main contrib and pve-no-subscription repositories, apt autoremove wants to delete sudo.

I can't imagine this being expected behaviour, though i might be wrong.

What's causing sudo being in the autoremove list?
Hi,
this happens if sudo was installed as dependency of another package, which since has been removed. Note that a standard Proxmox VE installation does not require sudo to work.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. Your reply made me realize a team member has been testing with Ansible on several machines, that must be the cause for sudo to be there in the first place.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!