Application with sound, how to do?

jprrezende

May 5, 2023
Hello everyone,

I have an VM that runs an application that should run remotely in others computers. Normally we do it througth SSH -X, but this application play some sound alarms. I tried to send this sound alarm via SSH but I could not.

I was thinking to a remote desktop via SPICE. I want to install the Remmina and remmina-plugin-spice to access my VM and then I can open application with sound.
I tried this but I got an error in Remmina, when I try to connect. The error is:
"Connection to the SPICE server dropped"

My VM has the Display configured as SPICE with 32MB and the guest operation system has the spice.vdagentd running.

Someone could help me?

Thanks,

Joao Paulo

Last edited:
For spice, you need to add an audio device to the VM as well.

Regarding Spice connection issues, is there some firewall in between that might block it?

The Remote Viewer (apt install virt-viewer) works for me. Didn't try the Remmina plugin.

For spice, you need to add an audio device to the VM as well.

Regarding Spice connection issues, is there some firewall in between that might block it?

The Remote Viewer (apt install virt-viewer) works for me. Didn't try the Remmina plugin.
Yes, I already add audio device and there no firewall.
I did the connection using virt-viewer and a script: https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-manager.git;a=blob_plain;

Att,

Hmm, does it work if you open the console directly from the GUI?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!