API Token with Admin role

0xe29da4

Mar 18, 2019
I want to use the API to gather some information about the backups in my system. However, this does not seem to work as any dedicated API token I generate for that purpose does not have access to backups that are not directly owned by that token no matter how many permissions I grant that token, the API does not list the snapshots. Only if I change ownership of a snapshot to the token the API responds with information about those snapshots.

I like the idea of the whole ownership thing, however if there is no way around by granting permissions, then the API becomes more useless. I have to throw the whole idea of separating backups for tokens over board just because I cannot use the API to perform analytics.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!