API: Setting features on lxc/VMID/config

Don Daniello

Jan 28, 2012
I am trying to define features to be e.g. keyctl=1 on LXC container's config, either while creating it or after creation.

I can see this working from my web browser when I'm logged in as root@pam. However, when I call this from a new user created in the pve realm with all permissions assigned (Administrator role) on the root path, the call gets 403 in response to either creating such a container or modifying existing one. All other calls I'm normally using are working on that account.

Is there some missing special role that makes using features possible for root but not for Administrator?

no this is indeed currently working only with root

since those things have rather large implications for the host this was done by choice
we currently do not have a 'root-like' privilege to give to users, but this is planned for sometime in the future but no concrete plans yet

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!