API: Setting features on lxc/VMID/config

Discussion in 'Proxmox VE: Installation and configuration' started by Don Daniello, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Don Daniello

Don Daniello Member

I am trying to define features to be e.g. keyctl=1 on LXC container's config, either while creating it or after creation.

I can see this working from my web browser when I'm logged in as root@pam. However, when I call this from a new user created in the pve realm with all permissions assigned (Administrator role) on the root path, the call gets 403 in response to either creating such a container or modifying existing one. All other calls I'm normally using are working on that account.

Is there some missing special role that makes using features possible for root but not for Administrator?

2. dcsapak

dcsapak Proxmox Staff Member
    Staff Member

no this is indeed currently working only with root

since those things have rather large implications for the host this was done by choice
    we currently do not have a 'root-like' privilege to give to users, but this is planned for sometime in the future but no concrete plans yet

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Don Daniello

Don Daniello Member

I see, thank you for responding. It would help to document that on the API documentation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice