API Questions

earyutin

Jun 22, 2023
Hi all !

Not finding answers to my questions, I decided to ask them here.

1. Is it possible to connect to the API from an account with the "Auditor" role?

2. Is it possible to connect to the API from an employee account with LDAP authorization to manage quarantine and white/black lists?

3. Is it possible to manage the user's quarantine through the API, white / black lists using the root account?

Thank you !

1. Is it possible to connect to the API from an account with the "Auditor" role?
Yes - PMG's API is similar to the one from PVE - see this wiki-page for a HOWTO:
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Proxmox_VE_API

2. Is it possible to connect to the API from an employee account with LDAP authorization to manage quarantine and white/black lists?
LDAP authorization is available for the end-user quarantine - so a user can login with their LDAP credentials, and edit their own welcome/blocklist - but not the lists of other users (for this you need a dedicated account in PMG)

3. Is it possible to manage the user's quarantine through the API, white / black lists using the root account?
Yes

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!