API Functions Not Implemented, or are they?

mrdon

Jun 18, 2013
Hello everyone! My first post here.

We use a custom billing system, I've successfully implemented most of the Proxmox API features that I've needed using PHP, these include start, delete, vzdump, etc. I was on a move and I realized some of the most important functions seem to be missing from the API documentation. Can someone please tell me I'm wrong.

I need the ability to perform the following functions from the API (OpenVz only):

restart
change root password
resize
add ip address
delete ip address

I know they are available in the vzctl but given that I've already implemented so may functions with the Proxmox API it would really be a shame if we had to issue commands from PHP via SSH just to restart a server. In fact if that's the case I'm not sure why even use Proxmox, we could have done everything via SSH to begin with.

Are these functions "implemented" on the API and if not, how can I go about implementing them? :confused:

Dietmar,

Thanks. By the time you replied I had already integrated it with PHP/SSH, we're on a deadline. Should that method prove unreliable in the future I will surely use the tools you pointed out. Also, I was unaware of a "development mailing list", where is that?

Lastly, I have another question. The RRD graphs Proxmox uses, is it possible to use those outside of Proxmox? I need them embed in our custom application if possible.

Thanks!
Don

Thanks. By the time you replied I had already integrated it with PHP/SSH, we're on a deadline. Should that method prove unreliable in the future I will surely use the tools you pointed out. Also, I was unaware of a "development mailing list", where is that?
Please read: http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Developer_Documentation

Lastly, I have another question. The RRD graphs Proxmox uses, is it possible to use those outside of Proxmox?

why not? You can get all data using the API.

Dietmar,

I'm looking to get historical data on CPU usage, don't see that on the API?

Side note, not sure how I missed that big mailing list section, signed up now.

Don

Sorry, need to correct myself - above command is used to get the graphic files.
Please use the following API call to get the RRD data:

# pvesh get nodes/<nodename>/rrddata --timeframe hour

Hello,
is it possible to remove rrddata end rrd graphes via api when the CT or VM is deleted ?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!