api acces to node is blocked for 4 tries

immo

Renowned Member
Nov 20, 2014
Hi,
I do have a cluster with 11 nodes.
I try to get the current load from them via api access.
the restconf connection runs over host 5.

but if i request the rrd data for host 11 I do get mostly 3-4 times
"exception during access to node prox11 ! \\ Error: 401 Unauthorized: "
as error.
The forth or fifth try works as expected...
ntp is enabled on all hosts and running well

Any ideas ?

check the syslogs of the nodes if they say anything

So ... Nothing in syslog but as expected in pveproxy/access.log the same 401...

BUT I going to kick the admin. There are several different proxmox versions in the cluster.

5.1-43, 5.2-8, 5.3-11, 5.3-12, 5.4-3

and if 5.3-11 asked all in the cluster everything works fine
but if a host with 5.1 or 5.2 asked the nodes with 5.3-11 i got the 401 from my special node. Not all nodes with 5.3 act in this way (I do have 3 of them) and also not the 5.4.

but if a host with 5.1 or 5.2 asked the nodes with 5.3-11 i got the 401 from my special node. Not all nodes with 5.3 act in this way (I do have 3 of them) and also not the 5.4.
please upgrade all nodes to the same version, while mixing versions should work on the short term, having a cluster with wildly varying versions is not really supported and can bring issues like this (not saying it is the reason, but it is possible)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!