any way to load balance (equivalent to vmware's DRS) with proxmox ?

stagefright

Sep 2, 2012
New Delhi, India, India
i want to load balance and auto-migrate vms depending on resources available on a proxmox ve 2.1 cluster of say 2 nodes. is that possible ? can proxmox cluster be treated the same as a "kvm cluster" and used with pacemaker/heartbeat .. i am new to such technologies any ideas are welcome. i tried ovirt adding a node in ovirt is a pain in the butt. i am creating a test lab . i have a two pve nodes using shared iscsi lun on a separate network and another network for vms (pve nodes have two interfaces for each and two bridges i am running nested kvm two pve nodes over kvm on centos 6)

We support corosync/cman/rgmanager by default, so there is no need for (heartbeat /pacemaker). Fail-over of resources works out of the box.

IMHO these migrations are not always a good idea.

The reason you want to migrate is normally because a node in the cluster is overloaded.

Migrating adds load! So you actually make things worse by trying to fix it!

Rob

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!