[SOLVED] Another Ubuntu 24.04 Thread

supernewbie

Jul 17, 2024
Hello,

I apologize in advance for creating another thread about this topic, but I genuinely haven't seen my particular issue addressed after searching.

Proxmox 8.2.2 will not create the Ubuntu 24.04 LXC container at all, since it's not created, I don't have a config file to edit to turn off app armor.

```
Logical volume "vm-333-disk-0" created.
Creating filesystem with 8388608 4k blocks and 2097152 inodes
Filesystem UUID: xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Superblock backups stored on blocks:
32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736, 1605632, 2654208,
4096000, 7962624
extracting archive '/var/lib/vz/template/cache/ubuntu-24.04-standard_24.04-2_amd64.tar.zst'
Total bytes read: 564490240 (539MiB, 490MiB/s)
Logical volume "vm-333-disk-0" successfully removed.
TASK ERROR: unable to create CT 333 - unsupported Ubuntu version '24.04'
```

Is there a way to force the creation so then I can edit the config file?

I downloaded the Ubuntu 24 template with the official repo.

Please don't rip my head off :) Brand new to home lab trying to learn new skills.

Last edited:
Thank you! that led me down the right path.

apt update was not working as I apparently downloaded the enterprise edition of proxmox and obviously don't have a subscription, so it was failing to update package lists

With the help of ChatGPT, I commented out the enterprise from--
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ceph.list
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/pve-enterprise.list

and added the non-subscription to
/etc/apt/sources.list
added line: deb http://download.proxmox.com/debian/pve bookworm pve-no-subscription

then
apt update
apt full-upgrade

and bam! Now I was able to create the Ubuntu 24.04 container

Great! We also have a very detailed documentation about our Package Repositories, which explains everything very well. That should be used as reference, as it is kept up-to-date and correct. In addition, package repositories can also easily be edited via the web interface for a node under Updates > Repositories.

Please just mark the thread as SOLVED by editing the first post, there should be a dropdown near the title field. This helps other users find this thread/solution more easily in the future. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: supernewbie

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!