Another Feature Request :)

bodhi.zazen

Feb 23, 2009
I have finally gotten to install Proxmox on a dedicated server and it is nice. I did not see any other place for feedback and I apologize if this is not the correct location (just point me to a better place ;) ) .
Two requests for the web management interface :​
  1. It would be nice to be able to restrict access with .httaccess. I know this was suggested earlier and the response was to use iptables. Although iptables certainly works, it is difficult to use if you are traveling. Sure you could ssh in and change the rules ...
  2. I would also suggest a way of identifying guests on a per user basis. If one has a number of guests (VPS server) it is nice to give people web access so they can see / reboot / backup their machine for example without having to give otherwise unlimited access to all the machines on the Proxmox server.
Otherwise , once again, thanks for a nice product.

Last edited:
I have finally gotten to install Proxmox on a dedicated server and it is nice. I did not see any other place for feedback and I apologize if this is not the correct location (just point me to a better place ;) ) .
Two requests for the web management interface :​
  1. It would be nice to be able to restrict access with .httaccess. I know this was suggested earlier and the response was to use iptables. Although iptables certainly works, it is difficult to use if you are traveling. Sure you could ssh in and change the rules ...
  2. I would also suggest a way of identifying guests on a per user basis. If one has a number of guests (VPS server) it is nice to give people web access so they can see / reboot / backup their machine for example without having to give otherwise unlimited access to all the machines on the Proxmox server.
Otherwise , once again, thanks for a nice product.

ad1:
use VPN, configure this on your firewall.

ad2:
already on our roadmap.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!