Android VMs?

steevestroke

May 29, 2022
Sorry, not sure of a more appropriate forum though this one doesn't seem a perfect fit either....

I'm curious if anyone has had any remarkable amount of success running Android VMs in VE? I've tried a relatively mainstream Linux variant and then adding Anbox or similar but that's a bit more of a hassle than I would like. So I'm investigating Android distros which target running on PC hardware. An example would be something like BlissOS(https://blissos.org/). I mean it would be amazing to get GrapheneOS going on VM but I suspect that dev community might not be aligned to the idea.

Thanks. Fingers crossed someone has beaten me to the punch on this one. :D

Looping back to close this one...

FWIW, I found using Waydroid on top of Ubuntu 24.04 with nested virtualization/host CPU type to be sufficient for my needs. Where those needs are defined as supporting basic utility apps for various web sites and **not** for Android games.

Only downside is that its a little slow with SPICE but perhaps its time to upgrade core network. ;)

Reactions: leesteken

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!