AMD Nested Virtualization issue

frankmanzhu

Apr 23, 2023
I've installed a vm with cpu: host

I've installed window 11 for the VM. It works ok. However, after I ran the vmware workstation 17 and created a vm inside it. I got this error

Code:
Error while powering on: This host supports AMD-V, but the AMD-V implementation is incompatible with VMware Player

My cpu is AMD 3900x. I've searched online that, this issue will happen if the cpu is classify as the older models of the AMD cpus.
https://communities.vmware.com/t5/V...on-Workstation-17-0-but-not-16-x/td-p/2940179

Do I forget to passthrough some parameters across for the windows 11 to enable the nested virtualization? Has anyone experienced the same issue?
So for the moment, I have to use the vmware workstation 16 for the workaround.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!