Allow devpts mounts for LXC

Chais

Dec 1, 2018
I have a container that I use to maintain and host my personal repository of Arch packages. I build those in systemd-nspawn containers so I have nesting enabled.
This setup used to work until a few weeks ago when a SystemD update rolled around.
After some investigation I found the culprit to be AppArmor (again!) which blocks devpts mounts for LXC.
Now ideally I'd like to allow for devpts mounts if the newinstance option is present, but I couldn't find a way to specify this in the AppArmor policy. It allows specifying exact matches of options (exactly these options) or super-sets of options (any of these options, but not others). Requiring a certain option and ignoring others doesn't seem to be an option.
If that is indeed impossible I'd like to unconfine this container from AppArmor. Setting the respective option in
Code:
/var/lib/lxc/<id>/config
had no effect as the file was re-written as soon as I restarted the container. Any hints on this approach?

Thanks in advance.

hi,

This setup used to work until a few weeks ago when a SystemD update rolled around.
After some investigation I found the culprit to be AppArmor (again!) which blocks devpts mounts for LXC.

could you elaborate a little bit about how you investigated the issue?

f that is indeed impossible I'd like to unconfine this container from AppArmor. Setting the respective option in /var/lib/lxc/<id>/config had no effect as the file was re-written as soon as I restarted the container. Any hints on this approach?

for the record, in PVE you shouldn't edit this file and instead the /etc/pve/lxc/<ctid>.conf

however when i was trying to reproduce this issue, with the unconfined apparmor profile it still didn't work

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!