All lxc containers "locked (snapshot-delete)", can't be started, persists through host node restart

slondr

Oct 15, 2023
Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong place. On October 7 I had a freak power surge take out one of my storage (NFS) servers that proxmox uses for some VM storage. Ever since then, I have been unable to start any LXC container (which should not even be using the network storage because they're LXC) because every container is "locked (snapshot-delete)".

I'm finding suggestions online to ssh into the host node and manually unlock the containers using pct. Is this safe? Do I risk any permanent data loss or configuration snafus by doing so?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!