All http(s) request to VMs publics IPs comes from the bridge IP address

jpt

Apr 23, 2020
Hi everyone,

I am new to promox but not to virtualisation with libvirt in general. I have a promox server 6.1 with VMs on it that uses public IPs trough the bridge (OVH). Everything works like a charm except the source ip from the VM standpoint is always the hypervisor bridge IP and not the real source IP.

Is there a way to keep the original source ip passed the bridge so the VMs processes will see network traffic coming from that external IP ?

Thanks,

Jp

I totally agree but right now it does that on 2 different installations of proxmox 6.1. The bridge config seems ok

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet dhcp
bridge-ports enp3s0
bridge-stp off
bridge-fd 0

Could it be something related to the OVH proxmox installation ? I have other hypervisors OVH with bridge configuration that works as expected.

Tested the same OVH server with proxmox 5.3 and the bridge is behaving normally. I only experiment the problem with version 6.1.

Last follow up, the problem was coming from OVH and not from Proxmox.

Hello jpt, I have a similar problem (if not the same) than you. What is the problem with OVH? And most important...what did you tell them to solve it?

Regards,
Humbert

The problem comes from OVH, I have 2 servers with the problem. 1 with so you start and one with OVH. The problem stopped on the soyoustart server last week without any intervention on my side. The one at OVH still have the problem. They told me they did nothing, it's pretty weird.

At least opening a ticket worked.

best luck

jp

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!