All data on local-lvm seems to be gone/wiped. Containers not starting.

ZipsServer

May 21, 2020
Hi, I was notified that some of my containers had failed so I tried to restart them. They failed to restart so I rebooted the system and they still failed to start.

After examining the systemctl output it seems there is a 865 No such file error for all of the containers and VMs.

Screenshot_2020-05-20 Z440 - Proxmox Console.png

I then checked local-lvm and behold, it seems all of the data went poof. I don't understand how this could have happened.

Screenshot_2020-05-20 Z440 - Proxmox Virtual Environment.png

I have also attached the log and it looks like it might have been a hard drive failure? The file contains all of the logs, there are no logs from before 22:10, which I find weird. EDIT: Probably because I rebooted duhhh. Well that was a mistake.

Proxmox 6.1-7

EDIT: Adding screenshots of the specific time of data loss. Seems to coincide with the restart of the system.
1590029085509.png1590029110747.png

Attachments

• log.txt
    154 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
what does vgs and lvs show?

I needed to get the system back up so I had to wipe the drives, reinstall Proxmox, and repopulate the containers and VMs from backups.

My knowledge of LVM is still a bit thin so I didnt even think to check lvs and vgs. Noted for next time.

Smart attributes for the hard drives seem to be fine. I can't think of anything else to check now that the drives are wiped...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!