Alert before upgrading to version 7. (neither content type 'images' nor 'rootdir')

corianito

Jul 20, 2019
By using the command: pve6to7 --full

I have these results, which I don't understand what they mean.

Can anyone give me a hint?

WARN: VM 1004 - volume 'local:1004/vm-1004-d9r4cdpqfopzthot-9adj1huu7pywtjlj.raw' (in config) - storage does not have content type 'images' configured.
WARN: VM 1005 - volume 'local:1005/vm-1005-dbjliriicboqobni-tum4zbwei7eddfmw.raw' (in config) - storage does not have content type 'images' configured.
WARN: VM 1007 - volume 'local:1007/vm-1007-d2v2j7e4b6pbfu6p-9qf5n0zilvmxclan.raw' (in config) - storage does not have content type 'images' configured.
WARN: VM 1014 - volume 'local:1014/vm-1014-dbgqcgnogccx5acn-4c3inf3v8rwcvmh9.raw' (in config) - storage does not have content type 'images' configured.
WARN: Proxmox VE 7.0 enforces stricter content type checks. The guests above might not work until the storage configuration is fixed.

I got the same warning. I tried to create new VM to compare their config files and I find out that this message means that your VM uses volume located in storage which is not intended for "Disk images".
To fix this you need to go to Datacenter - Storage and select your "local" storage and then click to Edit or doubleclick on it. Then in "Content" drop down menu activate "Disk images" item and close with "Ok" button.
This should fix the problem and pve6to7 will be happy :)

Reactions: corianito and fiona

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!