AGPL Licensing

thesubmitter

Jun 5, 2012
Hi,

If proxmox has AGPL licensing and we create a gui that creates containers and then runs some ansible scripts then our service installed on the container talks back to that gui/interface. Does this cause a licensing problem? Do we have to give people the source code of our software or anything?

Thanks!

I think I need to be more clear.

Software X: the gui calls Proxmox API creates the container the runs ansible against that new container. This software might also poll software Y to get the status. Software X is only used internally (our deployment tool)

Y: our Java software which clients connects to etc... which is installed by the s via ansible. Clients/external users use this software it doesn't directly connect to Proxmox API though it runs on the environment in containers.

I guess I can see if we allow clients to access software X then we'd need to release the source code

What about software Y?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!