[SOLVED] After upgrade: zone: invalid format - zone ID 'localnetwork' can't be more length than 8 characters

vernongreen

Jun 25, 2023
I have run into an interesting issue after upgrading, I am getting

Parameter verification failed. (400)
zone: invalid format - zone ID 'localnetwork' can't be more length than 8 characters

I have tried rebooting a few times - as suggested in another thread. No luck

Any thoughts?

please do not double post your questions, It's difficult to follow with 2 threads open

Please use this thread to continue:

where ? which panel / button action ? (and if in cluster, in the manager upgraded to pve8 right ?)

The error is from selecting "localnetwork" in the Server View. Under the Proxmox server. (Datacenter -> pve1 -> localnetwork)
- No button action
- No Cluster
- Upgraded from latest PVE 7 to PVE 8 (8.0.3)

The error is from selecting "localnetwork" in the Server View. Under the Proxmox server. (Datacenter -> pve1 -> localnetwork)
- No button action
- No Cluster
- Upgraded from latest PVE 7 to PVE 8 (8.0.3)

After a couple more reboots, its now working.

There is a possibility it was a browser caching issue. I am going to try and replicate.

Last edited:
After a couple more reboots, its now working.

There is a possibility it was a browser caching issue. I am going to try and replicate.
yes, it's really possible, I was thinking about that, because it's look like it's use the classic sdn api path (if the browser has not been reloaded).

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!