[SOLVED] after restore unable to mount NFS on container

deang

Jul 27, 2015
Hi,
I have a proxmox v6 host. I made a backup of CT105 from the gui. Then I went to my container 105 (happens to be CentOS 7) and I did a yum update. But after the update I could no longer mount the NFS4 file system shares. It is an external NFS server called lurch not part of proxmox. Up until now I was able to mount the file shares from the lurch fileserver. Since this is a production web server I then immediately did a restore of the CT 105 from the backup I had done. But Now that the CT 105 is restored to the backup from a few hours ago, I am still unable to mount NFS shares. I don't understand. It was working a few hours ago so it should be working now that I've restored the CT 105. The error is:

mount.nfs: Operation not permitted

On the proxmox host I can successfully mount the file systems on the NFS server host. I couldn't find anything in the research I did that pertained specifically to this issue. In my "options" for CT 105 it says "unprivilaged container=yes" and "features=mount=nfs,nesting=1" and I'm pretty certain that is the way it was before.

Note: the CT105 can successfully ping the lurch NFS server.

Note: I created a NFS share on the proxmox host and exported it to CT105. It also gives

mount.nfs: Operation not permitted

Note: iptables is turned off now, but still has operation not permitted

thanks -- dean

I'm not entirely positive, but now that I think about it, I created this CT as "privileged". But after the restore, I *think* that it changed it to
"non privileged" CT.

I figured it out. When doing a "restore" of a CT, proxmox defaults to "non priviliged" when restoring the CT. In the restore dialog box you have to specifically uncheck "non priviliged" to get the CT to be restored as a priviliged CT like it was in the beginning.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!