[SOLVED] After removing a node from cluster the nodes dir in /etc/pve/nodes/ cannot be removed

hape

Renowned Member
Jun 10, 2013
Hi all,

i want to remove a cluster-node from GUI that is already removed wird "pvecm delnode NODENAME".

The directory in /etc/pve/nodes cannot be removed because there is a directory named ".fuse_hidden000029b800000003" inside. This file also cannot be removed, and when i remove it, it will be restored in the directory immediately.

What should i do to get the node removed from GUI?

Try running lsof /etc/pve/nodes/nodename/.fuse_hiddenXXXX to find out which process is using the file.
The problem could be related to some shared storage devices that are still present.

OK now that i'm looking in this dir again, it is now empty and i can remove/move it.

So all is now fine :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!