[SOLVED] After 8.1.3 upgrade Summary Graphs are blank

This does not seem to be a upgrade issue or related to Synology. I have been running brand new loads of 8.1.4 and I enabled ISCSI to an open-e ISCSI target yesterday and then it start for me as well. We had IP address restriction on the target because it kept trying to add the open-e management interface as a target since there is multiple ip addresses on the open-e server. Removed the iSCSI target, logged out of all ISCSI session, stopped iscsid, restarted rrdcached and graphs came back shortly after. So it seems to be that when there is multiple ip address to the target and it can't reach one of them is where the issue is. The graphs got cut of right at the time that I configure the ISCSI target in the cluster. No IPV6 involved.

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing your solution @iay. I faced a similar issue and resolved it by disabling IPv6 on my Synology device. I was able to kick RRD back into gear without having to reboot my hosts by logging out of the iSCSI session then logging back in. Here are the basic commands (can also be done in GUI but I'm a cli guy):
  1. Determine the iSCSI Qualified Name (IQN) of your target. Look for the IQN in the output of the command:
    iscsiadm -m discovery -t sendtargets -p <target_address> #Replace <target_address> with the IPv4 address of your iSCSI target.
  2. Logout of the iSCSI node:
    iscsiadm -m node -T <IQN> --logout #Replace <IQN> with the iSCSI Qualified Name
  3. Login to the iSCSI node to refresh the connection:
    iscsiadm -m node -T <IQN> --login #Replace <IQN> with the iSCSI Qualified Name
Hope you get this figured out @Rickb. Have you checked syslogs? Mine was flooded with iscsid[2557]: connection-1:0 cannot make a connection to {ipv6_address}:3260 (-1,22).

@Elfy The fix was to make sure that there are no unreachable iscsi targets ipv4 and or ipv6 in PVE after target discovery. Because PVE defaults to scan for targets and adds ALL ip address even if they are not reachable is the issue. Why the graphs stop makes no sense but I will defer that to the developers. We had to scan the targets and then remove all invalid target ip addresses that where added from the /etc/iscsi/nodes/ and the /etc/iscsi/send_targets/ folders and restart iscsid and the issue went away. Coming from the VMware world I think there should be a option to not auto discover all but just static entries but that is another topic. Also if you have unreachable target(s) then the syslog is just flooded with the unreachable target(s) entries.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!