Advice on how to use proxmox backup server

Fabio

Renowned Member
Jan 30, 2016
I would like to ask for advice from someone more experienced on proxmox backup server. If I put a dedicated server in the cloud with proxmox backup server, can I backup my Promox VE installed on local servers, and precisely NOT IN THE CLOUD? . I'll explain ,
I have proxmox servers installed locally where the internet connection is not very fast, they ARE NOT FOUND IN THE CLOUD.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think I could schedule incremental backups from proxmox ve , reducing data transit to the cloud backup server?

of course, but the question is if the performance is acceptable. better is to install one locally and the other in the cloud.

have servers with proxmox ve locally and I would like to put a PBS in the cloud to do nightly backups. From your experience, is this a viable option?

have servers with proxmox ve locally and I would like to put a PBS in the cloud to do nightly backups. From your experience, is this a viable option?
Yes.

There are objections regarding bandwidth and latency. But technically all it needs is a tcp/ip connection between PVE and PBS.

And you can find companies offering exactly this, e.g.: https://www.tuxis.nl/en/proxmox-backup-server/. There used to be a really generous free offer, but I am not sure about the current conditions.

Have fun!

Edit: on tuxis.nl: "...Do you need less than 150 Gbyte? Then it’s free!"

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!