Advice: 3 node HA private cloud setup

xcooling

May 24, 2012
www.eXtremeSHOK.com
Hi Guys

I am looking for advice on setting up a 3 node HA private cloud. All the guides and discussions seem to be related to 2 node setups with DRBD.

My goals are simple: High Availability (HA), snapshot backups and live migrations.

----------
3 identical nodes :
Intel XEON Quadcore 2.13Ghz CPU, 8GB ECC RAM, 4 x 2TB SATA 7.2k RPM HDD's
2 physical network interfaces in each machine:

1Gbit private for node to node communication.
1gbit public network, also used as a backup if the private network goes down.
----------

Fencing will be handled by a custom script (basically: both networks failed, reboot server).
We do NOT have ipmi or pdu access (our datacenter will NOT allow pdu access).
We could run SBDfencing via a glusterfs or iscsi mount aswell.

----------
Glusterfs will be used and running a striped store between the 3 servers acting as a SAN, mounted on each node. (I have extensive experience with glusterfs, 3.3 beta4 will be used).

There will also be a mutli-master mysql database cluster running (percona xtradb cluster) on the 3 nodes.
----------

How would you configure the above ?

has anyone done a 3 or 5 node setup and willing to offer some advice ?

Thanks

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!