Adding USB RAID to Proxmox 5.3

digitalbots

Dec 7, 2018
Hello All,

Let me explain what I am trying to do. I have been using my server to do my media services. This box is a 8 core AMD, 36gb RAM machine that has a USB raid on it.

Currently I am running OpenMediaVault as its default OS.

What I am trying to do is covert this box to a Proxmox 5.3 box and deploy OpenMediaVault just as a VM.

The issue I have is the USB raid that I am using.

Is there a way to add the USB RAID to the Promox server then attach it to the OpenMediaVault VM.

This is a software RAID so I am not sure if this can be done or not.

Hi
Is there a way to add the USB RAID to the Promox server then attach it to the OpenMediaVault VM.
I never tried it and so I can't tell you if this work,
but you can pass through the USB device to the VM and in the VM you can manually set the boot option to USB.
The boot sequence in the VM is not persistent so you must do this on every boot.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!