Adding NFS Storage

miha.adzic

Dec 8, 2015
Hi!

I'm trying to add NFS Storage going by this
but when I get to a point of selecting the Export: I can't do that - it's blank.

If I input the Export manually /mnt/nfs I can finish the setup, but the Storage does not get online (500).

What am I missing?

Thank you!

Can you access the NFS server? And what do you use as a NFS server? FreeNAS?

It looks like you do not have access rights from the NFS server, meaning that there is some configuration problem there (first guess).

Try to add another export on your nfs and look if this shows up, I have seen a buggy situation where only one nfs export didn't showed up.

Hi! Sorry for a late reply.

Yes. Setup a FreeNAS for a friend and been playing around a bit before I handed it over, so its gone now. Did manage to kick the LAN cable out from the plug while trying to test the connection and didn't even bother to check it. A hiccup :)

Thank you for your reply.

create storage failed: mount error: mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.20.4:/Server (500)

create storage failed: mount error: mount.nfs: access denied by server while mounting 192.168.20.4:/Server (500)
Please do not bump old threads but open a new one.
short hint: The export you try to mount is not allowed for the IP the Proxmox VE connects from. But as said, rather open a new thread and provide some actual details...

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!