Adding LVM-thin storage

mn124700

Feb 22, 2020
I'm new to Proxmox and am trying to provision a blank SSD disk as LVM-thin storage for VMs. I think I have figured out what to do, but would like to double-check before actually doing it. Here is what I think I need to do. (The entire SSD has been partitioned as /dev/sda1 with GPT)

pvcreate /dev/sda1 vgcreate satassd /dev/sda1 lvcreate --type thin-pool -L 100G -n data satassd lvextend -l +100%FREE satassd/data

Following this, I would add the disk using the web interface. Is this correct?
Thanks,
Eric

Why don't you just try it? ;)
I'm not an lvm-thin expert but this looks pretty much like the stuff I typed when creating a thin pool last time. As soon as the GUI offers you satassd/data everything went smoothly.

Reactions: mn124700

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!