Adding Global whitelist exception Parameter verification failed. (400) - email: invalid format - value does not look like a valid email address

poetry

May 28, 2020
Hello,

When trying to add Global whitelist exclusion Add -> E-Mail exception I get this error

1619539191193.png

I am trying to add email address:
name.surname+caf_=surname=example.com@gmail.com

This is how emails that are forwarded by gmail to some address look like. They have this weird format with + and = characters added in the from address.

I don't want to use Regular Expression if possible.

If I just add example.com@gmail.com as an E-Mail exception will this also work? Will it include name.surname+caf_=surname=example.com@gmail.com

I guess not.

I will be grateful for some advice on this. I know it's not optimal adding E-Mail exceptions but sometimes they are necessary.

Thank you.

Could reproduce the issue - will try to come up with a sensible patch.

In the mean-time adding a regex for that mail should work as a mitigation.

Reactions: poetry
Could reproduce the issue - will try to come up with a sensible patch.

In the mean-time adding a regex for that mail should work as a mitigation.
Hey @Stoiko Ivanov any news on this. It's been a while it's still a problem.
If not possible can you give me an example how the regex would look like for that email.
Have some users who are forwarding gmail and it's blocking their email.
Thanks.

EDIT: found a regex generator that works
https://regex-generator.olafneumann.org/?sampleText=name.surname+caf_=surname=example.com@gmail.com&flags=i&onlyPatterns=false&matchWholeLine=true&selection=

Example for name.surname+caf_=surname=example.com@gmail.com
You need to select match the whole line
Regex:
^name\.surname\+caf_=surname=example\.com@gmail\.com$

be careful when you copy the regex it will add a space in front that you need to delete or you will fail to add or test the regex on proxmox

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!