Adding DRBD shared volumes to Proxmox to support Live Migration

jhr

Nov 29, 2021
Hi, I followed this article to build-up 2-nodes Proxmox Cluster with shared DRBD.
I do not understand why I need two drbd partitions, both are Primary/Primary ?

The plan is to create 2 resources in Primary/Primary mode. The first one r0 will be used to store disk images for VM’s running on proxmox01 and r1 for the VM’s running on proxmox02. This way we can easily recover from split brain in that way that for r0 we can discard all the changes from proxmox02 and for r1 all the changes from proxmox01.

Then we will create LVM volume from each of the resources and add that as shared LVM storage to the PVE Datacenter.

I builded-up exactly according that scenario and VM's running on proxmox01 are stored on r0/drbd0 device, BUT when I migrate it to proxmox02, they disks are still stored on r0/drbd0.
Is there any reasons why I cannot used one single drbd partition ?

THX

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!